I am a highly experienced and versatile copy writer and Chinese-English translator. Achievements include:
- Am published in The LA Review of Books China Channel
- Edited the global newsletter of Midea Group, a Fortune 500 company, from 2014-2018, bringing the monthly cost of publication down from £600 a month to zero. The newsletter was described by lecturer and consultant Felicia Zimmerman as the best she had even seen
- Edited an internal industry newsletter from 2015-2018, every week providing bilingual industry insights to over 100,000 colleagues. This period culminated with Midea turning over £27.7 billion in 2017, a year-on-year increase of 51%
- Having features published by such world-class websites as Open Democracy and Fair Observer
- Published dozens of opinion editorials with Shenzhen Daily, South China’s only English-language newspaper. There I worked as a copy editor from 2011 to 2013. Here I learned the value of getting a message across in ways that were both creative and effective, encountering issues such as censorship and intercultural miscommunication, winning a lot of praise from readers along the way.
- I spent a lot of time in China, gaining a grass-roots level experience of a country that is the place to be in our lifetimes. During that period, I translated short stories, poems, speeches, and surreal conversations.
- I have enough aptitude with video-editing software to add subtitles to videos, something that is arduous but often worth it.
- Attended the Chinese-English Literary Translation course in Huangshan, Anhui Province in 2014, studying under such giants of translation as Bonnie McDougald and Eric Abrahamsen.
- My translations for The Nanfang were cited in The Daily Mail, The Atlantic, The Guardian, China Digital Times and The Huffington Post.
- Every week from 2014 to 2018 translated vital documents for CEOs, CFOs and vice presidents, helping create the conditions for major acquisitions in Germany, Italy, The United States and Israel.
- I have also translated legal documents to the required standard professionally and promptly.
For further enquiries about writing and translation services, please contact email@example.com